Research Program Specialist | Pioneer

Research Program Specialist

Job Category: Operations
Job Type: Contract/Flexible
Job Location: Remote
Hiring Organization: Pioneer Academics

Company Information:

Pioneer Academics created the model in which college-level research opportunities are granted online to exceptional, motivated high school students from around the world to produce student-lead research. Selected students work one-on-one with leading American professors in cutting-edge studies of their interest, culminating in original research and authoritative evaluations from their professors.

Position Brief:

  • Industry: US and International Education (Academic Extracurricular Programs)
  • Required education: Bachelor’s Degree (in progress)

Position Description:

We are seeking professionals with subject specific background to join our team of research program specialists. The research program specialist’s role is to support online scholar-faculty research cohorts to establish a technically efficient and academically smooth educational experience for our scholars and faculty members. This position will allow you to use your academic, subject specific knowledge to support the efforts of high school scholars from around the world.

  • All work will be conducted remotely from your home or other convenient location that has high-speed Internet access. At certain times when you are coordinating videoconference classes, an Ethernet connection could be necessary.
  • The program term runs in two sessions. The first part will run from mid-February through late July and the second will take place from early June through September.
  • You may be responsible for one to two research cohorts with four to six scholars and one professor in each cohort.
  • Each cohort will require approximately 40-to-50 hours of total work over the 10 week timeframe. The first half of the program will usually require two-to-four hours per cohort every week. The second half will require four-to-six hours per cohort every week.
  • About 35% of the tasks will be performed during scheduled meetings on evenings and weekends. The remaining 65% can be done according to your own schedule but will require you to check in daily if there are outstanding issues to attend to.

Key Responsibilities:

  • Coordinate with the scholar and faculty participants in each phase of the program to ensure smooth execution
  • Provide subject specific research support for scholars, which may include: research training, presentation on undergraduate major, leading discussion session on research topics, and answering subject specific questions from scholars.
  • Provide technical and mentorship support to the scholar participants throughout the program
  • Participate in a two-to-four hours of paid online training sessions in late January or early- February before the program starts
  • Review the communication on Pioneer’s learning management system at least once daily to respond to issues from scholars and faculty
  • Attend one weekly program management meeting with your supervisor to discuss scholar progress and issues

Essential Qualifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree (in progress) or higher
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills
  • Fast typing and note-taking ability
  • Outstanding interpersonal skills
  • Subject specific knowledge
  • Access to a computer with a camera and high-speed internet connection, and a quiet, professional place to conduct interviews
  • Student-centric mindset and passion for outstanding education experience
  • Willingness to work during non-regular hours with the international team

We suggest all serious candidates visit our website at to learn about the organization. If you are interested in this position, please submit your Most Updated Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected].

Apply for this position

Allowed Type(s): .pdf, .doc, .docx

Info Session

Info session for blog page 400x270 1Doing research is commonplace.

How do you choose the research opportunity that makes a difference?

Join us for a free online info session to learn about Pioneer

Sign Up Now

At Pioneer Co-Curricular Summit

Check exclusive sharings
From directors of prestigious programs
At Pioneer Co-Curricular SummitDiscover Exclusive Insights